Thursday, April 22, 2004

Not a fan of reptiles

One thing I do not like about the south, is how big the snakes and insects get due to the nice weather. I do not like these critters to begin with and they are huge. I definitely have a phobia for spiders and snakes. Today I found out the hard way how much I hate snakes. We had a pretty big thunderstorm roll through here and it dumped about 3 inches of rain at once with hail. I had to duck out on the front porch to save some hanging plants and some planters on the ground from flooding. I was opening the door to the back to make sure my little trees and ivy were still standing and I did not look out the window first. When I opened the door, a 2 foot long snake was at the door trying to get in!!! I saw it just in time to slam the door just in time. Eric got home just after that as we watched it slither up on the side of our house. Eric tried to grab it to fling it back in the woods when it crawled under the brick by our heater. EGH!!! UGH!! YUCK!! HATE CREEPY, CRAWLY things!! I didn't really want Eric to kill it but I sure as heck did not want it near my house. I will try not to have nightmares!!!

No comments: