Friday, April 02, 2004

Car Repair

On Thursday night, I changed the brake pads on my car. Despite the fact it took me two hours and a run to Home Depot in the middle to get a C-Clamp that I did not have (and did not know that I needed to have until I gave my dad a call), there was a good deal of satisfaction is fixing it myself:) I AM rather embarrassed that at least twice I was sure that I was never going to be a loosen one of the nuts, only to discover to my dismay that was turning it the wrong way....sigh.....

Hopefully, now that I have done this once, the next time won't take me so long. I have to say that having a father that was a car mechanic is definitely a plus. And I don't feel bad calling him for help. I mean, its not like he does not call me for computer advice. Same thing, right?

I wish knowledge of computers was considered as cool as knowledge of a car. For one, I would have been a hell of a lot cooler in High School. I mean, I understand the basic theory of how everything work in a car. I just don't know how to apply it:) I'm sure my old man is the same way with computers. He knows that he should be able to perform some action with a computer, he just does not know the series of steps that will cause that the action to occur.

No comments: