Friday, April 02, 2004

Its all down hill from here.

The other day I was thinking to myself that every birthday after turning 21 is just a let down. Before 21, birthdays either give you new privileges (driving, voting, smoking, drinking, gambling, etc.) or get you one year closer to one of these new privileges. After 21, what do I have to look forward to? Getting old. As Moe on the Simpsons once said, "No offense Homer, but old people can't do anything good."

Plus, I have noticed that I get a LOT less presents as I have gotten older. Part of that is of course the fact I am getting better / more expensive presents, but another part is that people are just not as excited about getting older folks presents. What would you prefer, that look of utter joy in the eyes of a child that just got a new lego set, or the look of slight boredom that our generation is famous for...

No comments: