Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Back on the posting wagon.

I finally got some comments to my post asking if anyone was actually reading this thing (I think because Sue sent out another email about it), but that is all the validation I need to start posting again!

Back from Ft Hood last week. I'm such a weird guy on trips by myself. Unlike normal people, I really don't feel a need to go out to the local attractions and see stuff when I am on a solo trip like this one. I spent nearly the entire time working or hiding in my hotel room doing nothing. I had planned to see The Punisher, but I knew I would never get out and actually see it without someone else to motivate me to go out. So I spent most of the time chatting with old friends on AIM (As a software elitest, I know I am not supposed to like/use stuff from AOL, but I like Aol Instant Messenger).

The last day there, I was forced to check out by 11:00am, so I had to waste 3 hours until my flight. That sucked. I tried going to the mall to waste time. That took all of 20 minutes before I got bored with roaming around looking at stuff I had no intention of buying and no intention of really wasting any thought on at all. Then I got some lunch (again, wasted about 20-30 minutes) and ran next store and got a slurpee (this is a place after my heart, 7-11 and Quiznos right next to each other). Still had 1.5 to go. I spent the rest of the time at the airport listening to CDs and thinking that I need to plan ahead for this sort of thing a bit more:)

No comments: