Saturday, April 03, 2004

Lawn Care

Having a lawn is a hassle. I forgot how much they are a hassle until I had to mow ours today again. Thats right: I mowed the lawn in March. Last year, I finally put the lawn mower away at the end of November. So that means that I have to mow the lawn every week for all but 3 months out the year. I try to tell myself that I get some sort of satisfaction out of making my home prettier, but it is not working. Whats worse, I was not mowing my grass really. No, all I was doing was moving down the weeds to keep them a roughly the same level as the dead grass:)

And now, deep thoughts with Eric Wilson: When I am cutting grass (or trimming anything for that manner), it always makes me think of what a metephor trimming grass is for our own society. What I mean is, society is constantly trying to make everyone the same. Look the same, act the same, talk the same. Heck, I find myself doing the same thing all the time. Everytime I see some punk in the mall with pink hair and pants big enough for 8 people, I wonder why he can't just dress like a normal person (and by normal person, I mean dress like me).


No comments: