Wednesday, August 31, 2005

We're Fine

Just in case any of the out of state readers of this blog are wondering about the welfare of your favorite bloggers in the wake of the current hurricane mania, Sue and I are fine. We were ready to hunker down on Monday night with new surge protectors, batteries, radios, blankets, candles, and a bunch of interior walls to entertain us, but in the end nothing much happened and we slept in our beds all through the night. For those folks who's Alabama geography is a little rusty, Huntsville is roughly as far north in Alabama as you can get and still legally sleep with your sister;) So all we had to contend with was some wind and some rain. We didn't even lose power in the end (which is incredible because I swear we lose power in my neighborhood every time a cow pees in the wrong direction).

5 comments:

R said...

I was plaing World of Warcraft that night and the lights in my apartments flickered a bit. I'm glad I wasn't interrupted in my noob ownage by some pussy hurricane.

Eric said...

Sorry D:) Huntsville is nothing like that of course. But they don't know that.

R said...

I have, admittedly, sunken deep into the subculture of internet gaming speak, Dana.

It would take me a whole fucking thesis to explain the origins of these alien words to you; suffice to say, World of Warcraft has brought me to new levels of geekiness.

Hey, Dana, have you heard this one?

A redneck son goes up to his redneck father and says, "Papa, I've found the girl I'm going to marry and she's a virgin!"

The dad looks at the son and says, "Boy, if she's not good enough for her own family, she's not good enough for you."


Ba-dum-KSH!

Eric said...

lol D:)

Have a look at this: http://wigu.com/overcompensating/2005/08/oppress-novice.html

R said...

OMG, that n00b got pwn3d!!!1111