Friday, August 26, 2005

Caffeine Overdose is the same as Sex

So I was reading a FAQ on Caffeine this morning when I came across this description for the effects of Caffeine overdose.

Caffeine-Induced Organic Mental Disorder (Caffeine Intoxication or Overdose)

1) Recent consumption of caffeine, usually in excess of 250 mg.
2) At least five of the following signs:


  • restlessness

  • nervousness

  • excitement

  • insomnia

  • flushed face

  • diuresis

  • gastrointestinal disturbance

  • muscle twitching

  • rambling flow of thought and speech

  • tachycardia or cardiac arrhythmia

  • periods of inexhaustibility

  • psychomotor agitation


3) Not due to any physical or other mental disorder, such as an Anxiety Disorder.

My very first thought is that Sex and a Caffeine overdose are basically the same. Let run the list:


  • restlessness - Clearly I don't want to sleep during sex.

  • nervousness - early on, sure. I'm nervous I am going to fuck it up and not get sex.

  • excitement - Hells ya!

  • insomnia - See restlessness

  • flushed face - If we are doing it right:)

  • diuresis - well, ok, maybe not this one. Although don't you find you always have to pee at the worst possible moments?

  • gastrointestinal disturbance - all that shaking CAN make you feel a little car sick at times.

  • muscle twitching - Do I even need to say anything here?

  • rambling flow of thought and speech - Pretty much all I am capable of is grunting and the occasional epitaph spoken in happiness.

  • tachycardia or cardiac arrhythmia - All that pumping is hard!:)

  • periods of inexhaustibility - F#$k ya. Just ask Sue.

  • psychomotor agitation - Everyone know that I shake when I am happy:)


Guess you know what this means. Time to get an espresso machine!

4 comments:

Sue said...

lol You are hilarious! I hope no one has diuresis, that usually means large amounts of urination. That would be very unsexy!

R said...

I dunno. Some people like to get peed on.

I'm just saying...

Eric said...

I'd like to go on record as saying those people are WEIRD!

R said...

Don't judge.