Thursday, March 17, 2005

News from Vegas

So I'm in Vegas this week for the MPUC conference for work. The conference itself is boring as all get out. There aren't even any booth babes! How can you have a conference without booth babes?

- Its next to impossible to describe Las Vegas to someone who has never been here. Some of the hotels here cost upwards of one billion dollars to build. That is more than the yearly GDP of the poorest 24 countries in the world.

- Yesterday we were walking through the Aladdin and we saw a guy with seven show girls in a large box holding a sign that said, "Donate if you like show girls and children". Apparently he had been in there for seven days without food and water.

- Poker has sucked for me thus far. I've been playing Texas Holdem at the Exclaibar because they have the cheapest tables around. So far I am down $103:(

- My collection of stripper/hooker trading cards is growing quite rapidly. I think have the entire Las Vegas team now. We were walking behind some random people the other day and they were talking about the fact that they had collected a lot of pairs. I just had to ask if he meant that statement to have a double meaning.

Since today is St. Patricks day, the plan is to get a LOT of drinking in tonight. Can't wait for the day after:)

No comments: