Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Late night thoughts...

Hello. It has been a while since I have had a chance to blog. They are keeping me so busy this semester! I am just tired and I cannot wait for spring break next week so I can just rest and do some fun things!

While Eric has been in Vegas this week for work, I rented some movies to watch that Eric didn't want to see. Tonight I watched "The Notebook". What can I say? It was a great movie and I have not seen a movie like it in a long time that has actually touched me. I am not a girly girl, I don't cry at movies. This one got me. It is based on the novel of the same name by Nicholas Sparks. It is a love story. Two young people fall in love. They are from different worlds, she's rich, he's a working man. They break up since she is going to college far away and her mom lies to her about his letters he wrote her. Years go by and they meet again and re kindle lost love. They end up together, but they show the man as an old man reading their love story to his old wife who has alzheimers and can't remember their life. It is so beautiful. He reads the story of their love everyday so that she will remember their life for 5 minutes. Then she breaks down and doesn't know who he is and she has to be sedated. It hurts him when he loses her again, but he wants to be with her and so he does the same thing everyday. How sweet! The ending is the best and I won't give it away in case you want to watch it, but that is how it should be. Well, now I will continue listening to romantic music and think about my love so far away until I can sleep.

1 comment:

Eric said...

Man, I would have cried like a baby just from reading the description you posted.