Tuesday, March 22, 2005

News from Iowa

That's right, I am in Cedar Rapids, Iowa this week. Not quite the same level of excitement as a trip to Vegas. I think my company secretly knew they were going to have to send me here, so they decided to let me go to Vegas last week just to make it not seem so bad. Although actually, their plan failed horribly. Comparing this place to Las Vegas just makes it all the worse.

But I have to give suitable props to the Hampton Inn that I am staying in. First, they give out fresh baked cookies at 6:00pm! They have a hot continental breakfast. They have wireless internet in every room! I mean, if this place was not in Iowa I would seriously consider living here:)

Also, I have to say that I really miss the Midwest. I got off the plane here and it was about 50 degrees. Man did that feel right for some reason. Between that and the horrible roads everywhere, it ALMOST felt like I was home again.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Wow, what a great hotel! I miss that kind of weather too. Today at least it was a cool 55 degrees and I liked it!