Monday, March 28, 2005

BBC Radio

I'm listening to the "Radio 1's Dance Anthems with Dave Pearce " stream from the BBC Radio 1's Dance stream list. It's pretty good in terms of music, although it is a little light on the hard trance and hard house that I like. Also, since it is just the recording of the actual transmission it has a lot of random U.K. folks calling in giving shout outs to people I have never met and never will.

But that is not the point of this post. The point of this post is that while we all know that the ladies of America find the British accent very sexy, I never realized just how sexy that same accent is on a woman. Every time one of the women calling into this show says the word "knickers", it gives me that happy tingle for some reason... :) Anyone else have this feeling? Or am I just a traitor to my own linguistic heritage? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm from the Midwest, an area that is universally recognized as having no accent whatever (Ok, ignoring the UP and Coach Z's home state).

1 comment:

Sue said...

Hee hee...knickers! We should go to the UK.