Saturday, March 19, 2005

News from Vegas: Part 2

Well, as promised almost all of Thursday was a blur of drinking and screaming at the top of my lungs to rock music. Gosh darn it I love Vegas (I would have swore in that sentence, but I was afraid God would smite me if I committed any more sins in relation to all the fun I had on Thursday).

I'm not sure I have EVER been that drunk in my life. We started at about 8pm and I did not stop until 4:30am the next morning. Combine that with basically no dinner and you can see why I was completely toasted by the end of it all. I was so drunk my vision was blurry and even escalators where difficult to navigate (that whole depth perception thing was tough). I was so far ahead as the pace car that I think I lapped several of my co-workers (with the exception of Steve. He drank like a pro).

For those who know Steve, you will never believe just how crazy he was. Yeah that's right, the straight laced, religious conservative father of soon to be two from Alabama was drinking and yelling at the stage like he was still in college at a Smashing Pumpkins concert. He got two free shots from the bartender just because he was having more fun than most of the folks in that bar! I also managed to snag one for myself. I would have had more I am sure but I kept leaving with people I just met in the bar to get fresh air or pee or get some food or whatever.

I meet a bunch of cool people while I was there:

- First, I meet a girl named Ryan. My first thought was that her parents clearly hated her. When I asked her if any guys had ever yelled her name out during sex, she just smiled and told me "yeah, they get used to the fact that they are yelling a guys name I guess":) It probably helped that she had that sexy girl next door look going on.

- Met a guy at the bar from South Dakota who bought me a beer just because I said hello. I've already forgotten his name.

- Met a girl named Joy that changed my opinion of girls named Joy for the better. She was up on the bar more times than anyone else in the bar. Plus I have to respect any woman who demanded we drink a Guinness at midnight on St. Patrick's day.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Man it sucks that you went to Vegas the week before my spring break! I am so jealous of the fun that you had! It is a good thing that I trust my wonderful husband ;)

Eric said...

You said it Uncle R. You missed out:)