Friday, March 04, 2005

I Love Tech

Today I went to the Post Office to mail a letter for Sue that needed more than the usual 32 cent stamp. As always, the place is packed with at least 10 or so people in line ahead of me because (1) lets face it, the Post Office is a very happening place, and (2) working at the post office seems to sap nearly all will to move from anyone foolish enough to accept employment there.

But then as if a gift from heaven, I spotted a automated US Postal Kiosk in the corner of the building that no was using. A minute later I was out the door, letter mailed, with a line of folks wondering if they too should brave the uncaring machine or the equally uncaring postal employees.

What the f$%k is wrong with people that they are so scared of technology? Seriously? I love that stuff. Anything that means I do not have to wait on the incompetence of others makes me a happy guy.

4 comments:

Sue said...

I told you about the wonders of the postal kiosk! You blog thief!:)

R said...

Yah, technology rocks. Except for those bag your own grovery things they have at the supermarket. I mean, if you've got two or three items, it's cool, but any higher, it's like, "Bag my food, beeyatch!"

Karen said...

The only American man I've ever kissed (Internet relationship, I was 16, it was morally reprehensible on his part and scandalously fun on mine - other than the broken heart thing) was buying stamps from a coin-operated machine. The dork kept putting in more change than he needed to - the machine would take it and still spit out the one stamp (no change). He thought he was using exact change. What part of "grad school student" says "I can't add amounts less than $1?" The coin-op machine is just another way for them to screw you out of your proper change. :>

Susanne - the best way to get someone to read your blog? Tell them they are funny/cool. They will assume you have excellent taste/perception and want to know more about you. [deep bow] And who says the ark didn't have OnStar GPS on it? :)

jomama said...

Technology is not having to deal
with people who don't give a shit.

Luv it.