Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Spam sucks

I'm sure you are all aware that spam sucks. But lately I have been getting it more and more. Now I even get it at work! F#$k the spammers. Who actually buys stuff from these guys anyways? How do they make any money?

Worse, lately I have been getting spam messages at work with the following text (I edited the text to make it more readable, but I swear this is the actual text of the email): "If you received this email then whatever spam filter your using is not working properly. Your time is valuable, so having your inbox flooded with junk messages is not only annoying, but also costly. The answer to all your problems is here....". This is followed by some useless spam link.

Ok this one REALLY bugs me for a few reasons:

1) Its basically extortion. Its like the mob coming to my house and demanding protection money.

2) Favorite line: "...having your inbox flooded with junk messages is not only annoying, but also costly...". No shit. Maybe if you would stop sending these f#$%ing messages I could get some work done.

3) You have to have balls to send out a SPAM email that offers a spam filter. I mean, if it really works, won't that put your spamming business out of business?

4) How many morons are there in the world who would buy a spam filter from a company that send spam? It would be like buying encryption software from the NSA. "Yes sir, I swear that their are no backdoors in this software that we are telling you about".

No comments: