Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Adding to the list of favorite movies

Sue and I rented Mystic River last night. This has to be one of the best movies I have seen in quite a while. Certainly the best I have seen in the last year.

The acting was flawless. Sean Penn was awe inspiring; Kevin Bacon was really good (as always); This movie proves that Laurence Fishburne should only take powerful and dramatic roles. The list goes on and on.

The story was also very gripping. It has that same feeling as Greek tragedy or Shakespearean drama. Character flaws and fate ultimately destroy otherwise good people. And while the ending leaves you hanging and wanting more, I'm not entirely sure that is a bad thing.

One thing I have to point out that I thought was funny: Laurence Fishburne's character's name in the movie is "Whitey Powers" :)

4 comments:

R said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sue said...

What does Mystic River have to do with Spider man? Two different things dude! Sorry, but we will not be seeing Spider man 2 in the theaters and probably never. Toby McGuire is such a whiny bitch that I don't think I could handle that again for 2 or more hours. He sucked in the first one. Plus, I do not think Spider man is all that great. I think Superman, Batman, and most of the X-men beat him out in the exciting factor.

R said...

Blast those bat-suit nipples! They are too powerful!

Eric said...

lol... If only all clothing came with built in nipple outlines. Oh what a wonderous world that would be:)