Thursday, June 03, 2004

Harry Potter tomorrow!

Sue and I are going to see Harry Potter tomorrow! From the previews, it looks like the movie will be pretty kick ass.

In true American style, Sue and I own the book, but I refuse to read it. My thought: "Why read it over the course of several days (and several hours of my free time) when I can just see the movie? :)". I'm sure when Kien reads that he will slap the monitor and/or his head in disgust.

I did finish The Gunslinger by Stephen King yesterday. After reading that book I am begining to understand why Stephen King is a millionare and one of the most famous authors ever. The imagary in the book is so good that you can almost see the contents of the book in front of you as not words, but an actual moving picture. It is a lot like reading Grapes of Wraith. Previously, I had read Eye of the Dragon, which most fans have told me is one of the weakest books he has ever written (still very good Fantasy novel though), and of course I had seen all of those made for TV movies, with each seemingly worse than the last one. Based on those I did not understand what all the hype was about. Now I get it. And I need more. I have to read all of the The Dark Tower Series...

3 comments:

Sue said...

I am a little disgusted by that book comment! You should read the book! It is one of the best and they just get better! You read so fast that you could read it in 1-2 hours.

R said...

Yeah, Eric. The third book is the best in the series. Dummy.

Sue said...

I said "Azkaban was one of the best"! My favorite by far is the fourth book.