Thursday, May 20, 2004

Troy

I saw yet ANOTHER commercial for Troy, so I had to put in my own two cents about the movie. Kien already beat me to all the good points about the movie, so I will just have to settle for a few basic thoughts on the movie (SPOILERS AHEAD):


  • Generally I thought this was a good movie. The last 20 minutes were pretty boring since you more or less knew everything that was coming. Giant horse... wooohhhh....Achilles heel...blah...blah...blah...


  • Apparently armor is absolutely worthless. I'm not sure why anyone wore armor in this time period, since I lost track of the number of swords and arrows I saw go right through them. On the other hand, I think this is the ONLY movie I have ever seen where armor blocked ANYTHING (I thought I saw Brad Pitt's armor block a single swing of a sword). Come to think of it, I am not certain I have EVER seen a movie where armor really protected ANYONE. Take star wars. I'm glad all those storm troopers wore that useless white armor. Never actually saw it stop anything other than their ability to run though.


  • Near the end where Orlando Bloom is the man with a bow and arrow, I just kept thinking, "I've seen this movie. It was called the The Lord of the Rings"...


  • This movie was clearly made by an atheist. I thought the entire theme of the movie was either, "faith in the Gods leads to defeat", or perhaps less cynically, "The gods favor thoses who favor themselves". The Illiad is rife with gods meddling in everything, but in the movie their is only 1/2 an appearance of one (I was not sure if Achilles's mom was supposed to be a god or not)


  • Fuck Brad Pitt. Fuck the fact that he is in such good shape, looks so good, gets to play the greatest warrior in the history of time, and gets to have sex with Jennifer Aniston. And I hate the fact that he is a good actor (this movie doesn't show that). Really good looking people like this should be brain dead morons to compensate for the fact that they are so good looking. Otherwise the universe ends up out of whack and then there are all these ugly, toothless retarded hicks in the world.

No comments: