Monday, April 30, 2007

The Wilson party team

I know I am behind in blogging but here we go. Friday night Eric and I went to see Deep Dish spin at Bleu in Detroit since we have never seen him. They were at Bal en Blanc but they did not come on until 10 am and we were too tired to stick around to see him. Now I see why he was so late in the schedule. As a fan of trance, they sucked. After the first hour of his set Eric and I were thinking of leaving since his music was so plain and boring. They got a little better the last hour and I was able to actually dance to it. They took forever to transition too, I kept thinking hit the next beat already!!!! The transitions were the best part of the set and they were about 2 sec. I was very disappointed since they are one of the bigger names. I was not nearly drunk enough for that music. I think that I was spoiled in Montreal by hearing so many great DJ's that now I am a snob. And Armin Van Buuren is sick!! He rocked!!! By far he is the best DJ I have ever see spin!

May 9th we are hoping to beat our Paul Van Dyk curse since the last 3 times we have tried to see him something has come up. Wish us luck. Of course he has to be a dick and play on a Wed night! It will be the first day of our week long 6th anniversary celebration week!!

3 comments:

Eric said...

Booooo Deep Dish. He sucked my balls. And whoever was on before sucked even more. At one point he was using a hockey goal siren as his transition sound. I wasn't sure whether to throw an octopus or dance.

suzy-q76 said...

Hey guys,

Was there only one guy spinning? There are two guys in deep dish. Interesting! Yeah, they used to be alot better. I don't think they got a good review at bal en blanc either. Not sure what happened. Ebb and flow I guess!

Sue said...

Yeah, I only saw one guy spinning that night. Weird. I thought that Deep Dish was a duo.