Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Red Wings Hockey

I forgot to mention this last week, but Sue and I went and saw Game 2 of the Red Wings/Flames series at the Joe. The game was fun, but the best thing was the guy sitting behind me.

He was this Welsh/British (I can't tell the difference) guy who's knowledge of hockey was just between slim and none. I didn't know they even knew about hockey in Britain.

I really thought it was funny when he would refer to the time between periods as half time. Or the fact that when the the Flames took two concurrent penalties, he would say things like, "Look, its 5 on 4 now". But the best was his shouts of support throughout the game. I swear I'm not making this up. Every five minutes or so he would shout in his very proper English accent:


"GO THE WINGS!"


And thus, a new inside joke was born:)

1 comment:

Sue said...

By the way, Eric is deaf. That guy was Scottish or Irish. He sounded nothing like an Englishman! I think that Eric smuggled some drugs into the game and wasn't sharing! Damn him!