Wednesday, April 11, 2007

My Great Weekend

I had a fantastic weekend. It was so good that the best I can do is bullet points and links for now. Sue and I need to rest for the next week at least before I will have anything that resembles coherent prose:)


1) ESPN: Spartans win first NCAA hockey title since 1986 - Fuck YA! No better way to put you in a good mood to go out clubbing then hearing your Alma mater has won the NCAA hockey tournament after being a 3rd seed.

2) Montreal - Great city. Good times had by all. Got some new crazy memories to enjoy later in life, from the smoke detector going off in our non-smoking room (I can't mention why) to the crazy tranny that started mumbling and following us after our trip out Saturday night.

3) Stereo - Fantastic club in Montreal. At least the after-hours part is. Before 2am, the place is pretty lame. Its been a while since I danced the night away until 4am, but it was certainly worth it. According to several of our co-partiers, Stereo has the best rated sounds system in North America. After listening to it for a few hours, I became a believer.

4) Bal en Balnc - Holy shit! I have never seen ....well... ANYTHING like this. The most fucked up, crazy, loud event I have ever been too. Armin Van Buuren rose to the top of both my and Sue's lists of favorite live DJs. His set was un-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE.

I don't even know how to describe this to someone who hasn't been to an event like this. Here are a bunch of pictures to give you an idea.

One thing I have to mention is the weird paradox of people who come to this event. It was a strange mix of openly gay men and insanely hot, scantly clad women. The two in combination doesn't make a ton of sense to me, but whatever:)

Throw in people from 18 - 45, including whole families (I saw a rather large number of Asian families all together for some reason). And what is really odd: no pushing, no fighting, no drunken brawls or angry words. Just a bunch of people together having fun and listening to some fantastic music.

2 comments:

Kieno said...

Bal en Blanc sounded great. Too bad we missed it, but no matter. Court and I will be up in Ithaca for more low-key events in July. Miss you guys!

Sue said...

Bal en Blanc Fucking ruled! If you love techno music it is the Everest of Techno. There was so many good DJ's spinning. Armin was awesome and even spun "Heaven Scent" and "Beautiful"! I was in heaven!!

A shout out to the Bal en blanc crew! You know how to party!!!