Thursday, April 26, 2007

Heroes

I started really watching Heroes this week. I'm not even sure why I was not watching it. I think it was partly the "I've seen this before. It was called X-Men", vibe I had from it for a while. That and the whole "my DNA gives me the power to ignore the rules of physics!" crap. Sure it does. And my johnson has the power to dance and sing when no one is looking. But if you ignore the whole using biology to explain what can only be described as magic, it really is a pretty good show.

One thing I had been discussing with Sue and Paul is whether or not Issac's paintings are ever incorrect. That is, does he paint the future as it will be -or- is just as it might be if no one tries to change it. Obviously the former would not make an interesting show, since NYC would have to be destroyed no matter what anyone did. I was reading through the show recaps on NBC and managed to find at least one instance where the later seems to be case. In episode 5, Peter finishes a painting of Issac's that shows Claire's head removed. Obviously that picture did not come to pass in the end thanks to the intervention of Peter. So it looks like the future is not set in stone quite as much as Issac's paintings would have everyone believe.

4 comments:

Paul said...

Bow to the might of Heroes! it may be an inferior Xmen knock off, but it's still one of the best shows on tv.

Oh, and I'm glad you're admitting that you were a fool for not watching something I recommended and that you're basically my bitch
=)

Kieno said...

Obviously it's an X-men rip-off, but this show does what 'Firefly' did and what the X-men movies started to do, but lost along the way. The show has great characters and as we watch them we get more involved.

Besides, Hayden Panettiere (Claire) is just plain hotness!

BTW, Isaac's painting DID come true, as Syler cut off a cheerleader's head, but it just wasn't Claire's. So the jury is still out on that one. The former can still be the case as the last episode shows, Hiro was in NYC 5 years later due to his time shift and the city was still destroyed.

Eric said...

Oh that's right. Well, maybe they really are just wasting their time then.

Sue said...

Sorry Paul, but Eric is my Bitch since I have been watching the show from the beginning and telling him that it is a great show and that he sucks for not watching it!

Peter Petrelli is hotness!!