Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I don't even have to make these titles up

Reuters: Duck penises show "arms race" between sexes

The article is not that interesting, but wow is that a head turning title! That should have been on the front page of every newspaper in America. No way I can just walk past a newspaper stand with THAT on the cover. No way.

And this made me hold my own phallus in sympathy for the man ducks:

What they found surprised them -- corkscrew-shaped oviducts, with plenty of potential dead-ends. "Interestingly, the male phallus is also a spiral, but it twists in the opposite, counterclockwise, direction," said Yale ornithologist Richard Prum in a statement. "So, the twists in the oviduct appear designed to exclude the opposing twists of the male phallus. It's an exquisite anti-lock-and-key system."

All I can say is that Richard Prum is a sick, sick man if he thinks that opposing rotation of genital during the copulation of ANY species is "exquisite".

No comments: