Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Tag, five things about me

Eric tagged me and of course I have to comply because I am a whore for forward type things. I am currently obsessed with Myspace bulletins that are like forwards.

1. When I was little we were dirt poor. My mom was a single mother trying to work several jobs but I remember many days standing in line for our box of government provided food. Mmm government cheese... not. I also remember going to get our food stamps. We lived in a crappy neighborhood. When I was 12 my mom remarried and we moved to Chesaning and at first we had more money due to my step dad and his great job at Farmer Peets with great benefits. But of course they closed down and all the benefits went with it. My family never had that much money even later in life. My first two years of college were free due to my poorness. But I overcame all of that and was the first one in my family to go to college and to not get pregnant or get someone else pregnant before 18. Since I can remember I have always thought in the back of my brain that I would get out of this kind of life someday and I did. I think being smart and making smart choices is part of it.

2. In high school I was in a lot of plays and musicals. My first 3 years I was just in the chorus in Oklahoma!, Little Shop of Horrors and West side story. My senior year I was a lead nun in the sound of music!! Yes I was a nun and for fun my best friend and a bunch of the other nun girls walked into a bar after rehearsal in our costumes for fun! I was also in the play Dracula which only had 8 people total in it. I had a part with few lines, I was the maid, but I was on stage a lot. My senior year my best friend and I directed a middle school play together. That was fun.

3. I have been denied access into Canada. Living in Michigan, Canada is right next door and a fun country to visit. In High school my best friend and I like to go since you could drink at 19. When we were 18 we were on our way there and we had my best friends boyfriend who was 17 and the border people did not believe our story on why we were going into Canada. They thought we were kidnapping a minor. They searched our car inside and out and then gave us a piece of paper with a big stamp that said, access denied. It was one of our proudest moments...

4. Eric is always amused about my bits of crazy. Number one, I am very paranoid. I lock the doors constantly in our house because I have this vision of someone breaking in and brutally murdering all of us in our sleep. I guess the neighborhood I grew up in was part of it. I remember being woken up to someone banging on our back door and it was my cousin who was running from the cops. I also get myself nervous because I always think the worst could happen in all situations. I overthink everything I do and say. I have thought of some pretty big stories and they actually panicked me into no sleep. I also have some OCD. I am obsessed with triple checking that the doors are locked. I will unlock the door to make sure that it locks 3 times. I have gotten better though. I am in general a nervous person.

5. Dead bodies don't bother me. I guess in my line of work I was pushed into dealing with bodies. The other day I was getting the body of one of my patients ready for the morgue and I was just thinking, hey this is a dead woman and it doesn't bother me. I don't get the heeby jeebies (sp??). I am always respectable with the bodies, I am not a freak. I even seriously thought of being a mortician in High school after one spoke to my careers in health care class. Even before I was a nurse and I went to funerals, I was never freaked out about them.

Well, that is my tag. I tag Kien, Jen, Paul, Uncle R, and R. Let's see what you got peeps.

No comments: