Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Armed and Famous

Just when I think reality TV cannot get any worse, I see an ad for this CBS - Armed and Famous.

Given the way that celebs seem to be completly immune to justice in this country, does anyone else but me think that giving them guns and a badge is a REALLY bad idea?

I can just imagine the conversation that went on to get this approved:

Exec1: You know that show "The Surreal Life" on VH1? Wouldn't that show be really great if the celebs had guns? I mean, people love guns. And people seem to be obsessed with celebs. Imagine if we could combine them into one unholy concept!

Exec2: I like it. But can we somehow tazer someone on TV? The only thing the sheep of this country like better then watching celebs is watching celebs suffer. And besides, I really like tazers. Maybe give the celebs some authority too so that they can pretend that people give a rats ass about them still.

Exec1: OK, so far we have authority, guns, tazers, and celebs. All we need is some sex and we could print money! Wait I know: Everyone likes a chick/dude in a uniform. We need people in uniforms. You know: cheerleaders, nurses, dental hygienist. Whatever turns you on.

Exec2: I like ladies in authory...

Exec1: BRILLIANT!

2 comments:

Kieno said...

Celebrities in the Police Force? How is this Reality?

This is called "Situation Comedy". They did this back in the 80s. What if a male housekeeper worked and lived with a female high-power executive? What if 2 black orphans were adopted by a rich wealthy businessman?

Eric said...

A very good point Kien.