Monday, May 02, 2005

Coming Soon: Star Wars Sucks Posts

I'm trying really hard not to be excited about Star Wars Episode III. Really. I keep telling myself all of the following:

(1) Lucas is directing yet again, so it will suck

(2) Hayden Christensen is in it yet again, so it is going to suck.

(3) Sue read an early review that it was "tear jerker". Sweet lord would that make it suck.

And yet....

Try as I might, I'm getting excited. I know the date it comes out (May 19th). I know that I am going to the midnight showing. I know I will see it the next day with my co-workers. Today starwars.com released "A Hero Falls Music Video", which is really just the theatical trailer set to new music, and I am ashamed to admit that I have watched it three time already today.

sigh...

They should just rename episode III "Star Wars: digital crack for the geeky".

5 comments:

Sue said...

I wouldn't get too excited because Lucas will probably make it suck! Of course, we will still see it. I am excited to see Yoda kick more butt! Also, I love me some Ewan McGregor! What a sexy man!

Anonymous said...

I am excited for the following reasons:
1 -- Hayden is in it -- boy is he hot...
2 -- I get to see Darth Vader on the BIG SCREEN - what can top that.
3 -- Yoda gets to fight again!
4 -- Gives me a reason to take the day off from work.
5 -- Did I mention DARTH VADER!!! :)

R said...

OMG, Z, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's only seen the shitty movies for the pure loveliness that is Natalie Portman.

OMFG, I want to have Natalie's babies.

Eric said...

Uh, that might be hard R. I think she has to have YOUR babies:) Unless there is something you are not telling us...

R said...

Teh joke, Eric, teh joke!