Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Susie's back....alright!

Well, I realized that we did not post a summary of our adventure to the north and it was an adventure.

First of all, we left the 22nd which it just so happens there was a giant storm that same day going through our driving route. We were doing fine until we hit Kentucky when the rain turned into freezing rain. Once we hit Louisville it was snow and we were going 25 mph down the freeway. Well, we realized that we could not drive safely any further, so we decided to drive north of Louisville to the next city with several hotels in it. What a nightmare. The town that we decided to stop in in Indiana just happened to be the area with the most snow accumulation, 34 inches! We had to dig our car out with our hands and feet. Eric helped push out about 6-7 cars before the driveway was clear for our car to be pushed out. That was a time I wished our Jeep had 4 wheel drive or at least all wheel drive. It took 5 guys to push us with our packed to the brim Jeep out. We made it! Then for about 60 or so miles on the freeway we could only go 25-30 mph because the freeway still sucked and on some parts of the freeway there were semi's that were just left in the right lane of I-65. We eventually made it home, but what a trip!

Christmas was great! We got to see all of our family and Santa was very good to us! I got Eric the Munchkin game and the two expansions which is our new obsession! What a fun game! We played a lot while in Michigan!

While visiting with my mom and sisters, we went to see Lemony Snicket's: A series of unfortunate events. What a great movie! I was unsure about it, but my little sisters really wanted to see it. I really enjoyed it too! It is very funny for a depressing movie! Jim Carey was hilarious and the baby in it really stole the movie. She was funny and the subtitles for her gibberish was great! I highly recommend it for any age!

We saw many good friends while in MI. We were not able to get to everyone (sorry!) but the ones we saw was really great!

Finally, New Years!! We had a an absolute blast! I am still recovering :) I also caught a cold between MI and Alabama, but that is the price you pay for that much fun! Our friends Paul and Sue came in from New York to party down at the Bleu room in downtown Detroit. The kick-ass, awesome techno DJ John Acquaviva spun for four hours from midnight until 4 am. It was hands down the best damn New Years ever! Eric and I danced the night away with our friends Paul, Sue, and Kien. It was a great club! There were a lot of hot almost naked lady employees there for the boys and some cute male bartenders for the girls. The lady employees were pretty much strippers that did some bartending and danced on the bars too. We stayed in a ghetto hotel that we found on expedia that was about 1 mile from the club. The location was great for our purposes, but for a Ramada inn, it sucked. There was no heat and the service sucked. It is something we will remember though:) I couldn't complain, it was a bed to sleep in. The other fun part about the hotel was that there was a Goth club on the first floor. The people that came in had some awesome outfits. I was jealous! Crazy! Basically it was us and all the goth people staying at this hotel for New Years parties.

All in all, we had a great vacation. Now I wish I had more time off before school begins again Monday. At least it is my last semester so I need to just plough through and get it done. You may not here from me for the next five months because it is going to be hella busy, but I will try. I just can't wait until May!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA!! you guys stayed above city club. a number of my friends were probably there that night.

Sue said...

Ok, anonymous. Sure.

Anonymous said...

sorry forgot to sing it.

~bronwyn

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eric said...

Sorry, that last comment was supposed to be from my account. Anyways, what I said was that we may have in fact been above the party your friends were at. I sincerly hope your friend was not the woman that looked like she was near death in the hotel lobby while the paramedics worked on her:(