Friday, January 21, 2005

Bunch of Reviews

Music:

The new Papa Rouch CD "Getting Away With Murder" kicks serious ass. Go out and get a copy right now.

The new Ferry Corsten CD "Global Trancemissions 2" kicks ass. Go out and get a copy if you like trance.

I've noticed that I have trouble finding really good CDs of hard house and hard trance. I have plenty of regular trance, which I like. But that stuff is not upbeat enough to keep me awake at work lately. The only CDs I have that have enough hard house and trance are by Bad Boy Joe (Best of NYC Afterhours: Feel the Drums) and Louie Devito (NYC Underground Party, Vol. 3). I need more. Anyone know of any good ones?

Movies:

Garden State is one of the better movies I have seen in years. I already knew Zach Braff was a brillant comedic actor due to his work on Scrubs (best show on T.V. hands down), but this movie shows he is also a brillant writer and director all in one shot. There are so many shots of random stuff that makes you realize just how ridiculous our lives are these days. Also, the soundtrack (thanks Dana!) kicks ass, although it is slow and meloncoly. Not something I would recommend listening to when you are feeling suicidal or driving:)

1 comment:

R said...

Hard trance is overrated, dude. You know what gets me pumped, though? The Crystal Method's latest release, um, lemme find it here...oh yeah. Legion of Boom. That's the cat's meow, bitch.