Thursday, June 15, 2006

Take my foreskin, please

CNN: Parents take circumcision fight to court

My god. There are so many things wrong with this story that I HAD to blog it.

* First off, this kid is eight now. It's a little late to be deciding this, isn't it?

* "The child's mother wants him circumcised to prevent recurring, painful inflammation she says he's experienced during the past year."

I had to hold my genitals in sympathy after reading that sentence. Sorry, but I have to go with the mother on this one: If there are ANY actions a person can take to prevent painful inflammation of any penises, by God we should be doing them!

* "David Llewellyn, an Atlanta attorney who specializes in circumcision cases,..."

Man, how would you like to go through life being known as the, "attorney who specializes in circumcision cases"? That's got to make the family proud...

* "Roger Saquet, director of the Non-Circumcision Information Center in Belmont..."

Speaking of weird jobs, how would you like to be the director of that center? Who the fuck would start a center like that in the first place? I would pay good money to get a hold of one of his business cards. I would frame it in my office and look at anytime I was thinking that I don't get enough respect for my job. One look at that card and I would feel so much better:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is never to late to get circumcised. At my old job at the one day surgery center we would have about 5 or more 30 year olds and up getting that done. Most men wait to long and it gets very infected because they cannot keep it clean.

R said...

Damn. How fucking hard is it to clean your dick? Seriously.