Wednesday, June 14, 2006

IKEA, me likey...

So the big news in SE Michigan last week was the grand opening of the first IKEA store in Michigan. Eric and I wanted to go but waited until yesterday hoping that the traffic and crowds would be lighter since it is a 45 min drive to Canton. We were wrong. Their was a lot of people in that place and it is huge! There was a lot of imput and a lot to look at. I loved it! Our main goal was to find Eric a new desk and chair for work and we had great success. We also got a new comforter and several little home things we needed. I held back and could have spent a lot more money there. IKEA is my new favorite store. Move over Target, since the lamp I just bought from you was defective in the very last step I am very pissed that I have to take it back! That is my little rant... The only thing is that you have to assemble everything from IKEA but the directions are easy to follow and the parts are high quality. I was very pleased with my IKEA experience. You gotta love those swiss, they have a lot of great ideas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to get a chance to go out there myself. just a note though... ikea is swedish not swiss

Anonymous said...

The first IKEA store I went to was in VA or MD, loved it! Ever since I have been ordering online. I am hoping to make a trip out there sometime this summer when things settle down.

Eric said...

I felt like my head was going to explode like a pinata from all the people and things and bright colors and clean lines and AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

<POP>

I hate when that happens.