Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Reporting for Duty Sir

Well, Sue and I now have the smug satisfaction of having voted. I love that feeling. And I always love that little "I voted (which shows I am patriotic. See? There is a flag on this sticker to prove it! And why haven't you voted dick-hole?)" sticker they give you after you successfully connect two ends of an arrow.

Alabama once again proved how retarded the whole state is with this election. The following is the list of constitutional amendments we voted on this time around:

  1. Allow Baldwin County the power to buy property and to issue bonds. - FYI: I actually don't live anywhere near this county. Stupidly, every county has to get a constitutional amendment to do anything useful.
  2. Repeal portions that still say racial segregation is legal in this state and that the state can still charge a poll tax - Are you f*#king kidding me? I know these have no effect anymore, but the fact that they are STILL in the constitution disturbs me. Hell, interracial marriage was only approved recently in this state by a 60-40 vote.
  3. Allow any county the power to buy property and to issue bonds. - Same as (1), except someone finally got smart enough to say, "Hey, maybe this whole getting people in one county to vote on issues in our county are stupid."
  4. Provide for the promotion of shrimp and seafood - I swear to God this is what it said. We have to enshrine this in the constitution?
  5. Allow the City of Trussville to create a tax - Again I live no where near this.
  6. Allow Crenshaw County to pay its district judge the same as their associate judge - And I would care because ?
  7. Allow Macon County to tax cigarettes - Again I live no where near this and by this point I don't care about anything else on the ballot anyways.
  8. Something about a motor vehicle tax - heck no!

1 comment:

Sue said...

They were pretty stupid. I had to stop myself from bursting out in laughter over that shrimp one! :) I like how they had us sit at a table and vote with others. Crazy.