Thursday, November 04, 2004

The morning after

Well, even with some of the biggest efforts made to prevent Bush from being re-elected, it happened. I am sure as most of you know from reading my blogs, I am severely disappointed. It is not just because I dislike Bush and all he stands for, but I am saddened by the direction that this country is going in with the his re-election. It just amazes me that this election came down to so-called "Christian" values and morals and not social issues, ecspecially when both candidates were Christian. I still do not understand why people went with Bush and said that he was the one with Christian values and morals. Please explain to me how going to war for the wrong reasons fits into Christianity, how does the fact that many, many people cannont afford healthcare fit into Christianity, how does giving yourself and the rest of the rich tax cuts fit into Christianity? I don't get it! GOP does not equal GOD! I also do not get how people are for a man that vocally discriminates against a group of people. SNL had a good point the other day in a skit with Bush and Tony Blair. Blair said that he doesn't get how when he goes to war in Iraq, his popularity drops a lot and then in America, Bush's goes up. "I just do not understand!" I also don't get how people can handle the fact that most of the rest of the world hates America because of all of the things that Bush has done. I salute all of the Michigan people back home, you did your part. Way to go!

Oh well. All I can say is that I am so glad that there is alcohol! The next four years will have to be a drunken blur. Must escape the evilness of the red state. Must go to blue state...

2 comments:

Eric said...

If you want to feel more angry than sad, you should read this: http://www.felbers.net/mt/archives/000945.html

Anonymous said...

Sorry to post anon... I have a Blogdrive account instead of Blogger. :) (http://pryllia.blogdrive.com) Anyway, just wanted to share this link with you. :)

http://www.filmstripinternational.com/

My husband is from Clio, AL. He is very happy to be in Michigan now, even though Michigan is just as backwards as Alabama in so many ways... :(

Sadder still is that we have 4 more years of Bush in the White House. Canada is lookin better and better. hehe

Have a great Holiday Season!

Joolz