Friday, November 19, 2004

Pulp Fiction In the Southwest

My four days here in Phoneix so far have reminded me of the great opening to Pulp Fiction:

V: "You know the funniest thing about Arizona? It's the little differences. I mean they got the same shit over there that we do here. Just there its a little different."

J: "Example?"

V: "Well in Arizona people think 65 degree weather is the sort where you should wear a winter coat, hats, and mittens. And at Arizona State, the girls wear long pants and long sleeve shirts, but they are crop shirts that show their belly. And do you know what they call the biggest waste of water in Phoenix?"

J: "They don't call them yard sprinklers?"

V: "Nah man, they don't have grass in their yards. They wouldn't know what the fuck a yard sprinkler is."

J: "Well what do they call them?"

V: "They call them golf courses..."

J: "Golf courses..."

4 comments:

Sue said...

This is a little weird Eric. I think you have been away too long...

Eric said...

Perhaps you are right...Or perhaps I should stop listening to that Gnome with the lawn sprinkler...

Anonymous said...

Naw dude, that pulp fiction allusion was fizucking hilarious! keep in up and come back from your boring business trip soon!

--Paul

R said...

I agree. That was a great adaptation of an awesome part of the movie.

Now I feel like watchig Pulp Fiction.