Thursday, July 01, 2004

News is Desensitizing

As I was driving back to work today, I heard some news blurb about the Lacy Peterson trial. As I am sitting at a red light thinking about the trial, the analytical part of my brain had the following thought:

Right Side of Brain: "Why is this trial getting so much attention? Its just a run of the mill murder case."

Right after I thought that, the other half of my brain immediately bitch slapped it in disgust.

Left Side of Brain: "Run of the mill"? What the f#$k is wrong with you brain? Murder should never be run of the mill.

I'm angry with my right side of my brain right now, so I stopped, got some ice cream, and ate it REALLY fast. Yeah that's right. I gave myself brain-freeze just to spite the right side of my brain! Luckily I am at work now, where the only part of my brain that I use are the automatic muscle contractions like breathing, blinking, and heart beats.

No comments: