Friday, July 02, 2004

I know Kung-Fu

Or at least, I know CSS/HTML-fu. As you can probably tell if you are viewing this website, I have been dorking around with the layout and style for the past few days. Changes are:

1) Switched to a cooler looking template. Of course, being the compulsive geek that I am I could not just be satisfied with the template as is, so I mucked with it for 4 or 5 days until it was just the way I wanted it. I apologize to anyone who got to see this site in the middle of one of the changes:) The thing that took me forever was getting the content column to be bigger. The original template specified an exact width of something like 540 pixels. That sucks when you use a wide-screen monitor with a resolution of 1280 pixels like I do. More than half the screen was being wasted! I feel like one of those infomericals late at night:


Announcer: "I've just got to show you this new product! Through the use of an incredibly large research budget (which was mostly spent doing shots of Jagermeister and teaching a one-legged monkey to dance for us), we are able to bring to you twice, THAT RIGHT, TWICE the content on the same screen!"

Sheep: "Oooooohh. Ahhhhhhhh..."


2) My posts now show up in blue. Sue's posts are in purple. Just so it is more obvious who is who.

3) Added a link to Steve's blog. Just cause he is cool.

4) Stats actually work now, and Sue's and I's profiles are now available to read in case you did not know who we are or you were just desperate to know if I have improved on my average number of posts per week ;).

5) Added the cute picture of Sue and I in front of Caesar's Palace. Sue claims she looks stoned in the picture. Let me be the first to clarify that the only drugs we were on at the time was some alcohol (pretty much the entire time in Vegas I had some alcohol in me) and whatever drugs have found there way into the water supply of Las Vegas (I would imagine more than you think).

No comments: