Friday, March 16, 2007

Top 20 Suck More Then Usual

Has anyone noticed that top 20 music sucks even more than usual lately? XM's Top 20 station has some really HORRIBLE music on a constant loop. Stuff like:

Gym Class Heroes - Cupid's Chokehold - Sweet god this song makes me want to stab my ears drums out. Its the sort of song a 14 year old would write. With lyrics like, "She's got a smile that would make the most senile annoying old man bite his tongue", I really want to meet the music exec who found this group. So I can PUNCH HIM IN THE BALLS!

Akon - Smack that - I don't get the attraction of this song. Even the chorus, the hook of the whole song, is ridiculous. How can you possible sing, "Maybe go to my place and just kick it, like Taebo" with a straight face?

Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot - Music is not repeating the same pharse over and over again. That's what people with brain damage do. For example,

"this is why im hot, this is why im hot, this is why, this is why,this is why, im hot this is why im hot, this is why im hot, this is why, this is why, this is why im hot, im hot cuz im fly, you aint cuz u not, this is why, this is why, this is why im hot im hot cuz im fly, you aint cuz u not this is this is why, this is why, this is why im hot"

is not music. Its a cry for help.

Pretty Ricky - On The Hotline - Same problem, different name.

Fergie - I don't even need to make a joke here, do I?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find it funny you think this because this is what my Dad has said about pop music for at least 25 years. When did you turn into my Dad?

Eric said...

That may be the single meanest thing anyone has ever said to me:)

Anonymous said...

It wasn't meant to be mean. I was just found myself agreeing with you and realized I'd turned into my dad. Of course, since I didn't want to admit that, you had to be the one turning into my dad. :)