Saturday, March 24, 2007

Music I Like

After my rant the other day about top 20 music sucking, I think I better point out some current music I like. If for no other reason than to remove the taint of "old guy angry at everything changing" my favorite high school friend Kelly has bestowed on both of us.

In no particular order:

Bright Eyes - Lover I don't have to Love - I happen to catch the video for this song on MTV, MTV 2, MTV 3 whatever MTV channel actually plays videos these days. The video was so simple, yet I found myself mesmerized by the lyrics. They have sort of a Violent Femes sound to them, which I happen to also like. You can watch the video on youtube. Go watch it right now. I mean it. Right now. I actually feel sad for people who haven't heard it yet. Its that good. Seriously. DO IT! Bitch...

Fall Out Boy - Fantastic stuff. Their latest CD is even better than their previous one. Both have been in my rotation for several months now. Though I am really starting to get sick of their Arm's Race song. Please release another song from the CD!

My Chemical Romance - I've come around to these guys again lately. Their newest album isn't great start to finish, but it has some really great stuff and overall I like it. Black Parade is another song that has been played WAY too much lately

Three Days Grace - I LOVE these guy's music. If you like hard rock music even a little, pick up their CD One-X. Its fantastic start to finish.

Hinder - Excellent self hating, dark music. Although I joke with people that their first single "Lips of an Angel" was created after someone bet him he couldn't make people like a song about a guy thinking of cheating with his ex-girlfriend.

Shakira & Beyonce - Beautiful Liar - OK, I admit this is a weird addition. I'm going to admit something here I have never admitted to anyone. I like Shakira's music. There I said it:) I know that's not befitting of someone as into Angry White Music (tm) as I claim to be, but I do. I just dig her voice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should try listening to Anders Manga as well. I like that a lot.

Kieno said...

Shakira is HOT!

Sue said...

FOB's "This ain't a scene" will never get tired! It rules!! The whole new Fall out Boy disc is awesome, I listen to it a lot!

You forgot about AFI, and Evanescence. They rule too!

Unknown said...

Man, I can't believe Ruben hasn't made an emo comment yet. I'm really disappointed. He's slipping.

How are things up there in Mich? It's already in the 80s down here and humid. I love it.