Thursday, April 13, 2006

I have the best job in America

According to CNN and Salary.com, I have the best job in America:

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bestjobs/

From the article:

Why it's great...Designing, developing and testing computer programs requires some pretty advanced math skills and creative problem-solving ability.


That pretty much sums up my entire profession in a nutshell and explains why I like it so much. Software is the one place that I really excel at being creative and solving really complex issues. I'm never going to be an artist, painter, sculptor, or a musician. But by God I write beautiful, elegant code like I was born to do this shit. They say Mozart looked at a piano and saw "music". I can look at all those "if" statements and just see where the issues are. I cannot explain how it works. You either think this way or you don't.

3 comments:

Sue said...

I look at "if" statements and see money...

God I am so underpaid according to this article. Huntsville Hospital treats their nurses poorly. No raises, low pay, no incentive. I am glad I am going north.

Eric said...

Capitalism has always been a baby-driven economic system:)

R said...

Owned.