Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Wilson's are back...ALRIGHT!


We are back in Alabama after a great trip back home to Michigan to see family and friends for the holidays. We were up there from Dec. 29th until Jan 8th. We saw all of the family to have a late Christmas with them all and drank Slurpees everday! Damn Alabama and the surrounding states that do not have 7-11's!! There was not much snow. It was in the 40's most of when we were up there which is warm for Michigan. We had snow two days but it always melted the next day since it was so warm. It was weird driving around Michgan without snow on the ground. It was good for the driving part. We had no problems driving up or back to Alabama. We also went back to MSU to relive the college experience.

We had a rockin New Year. We went to Detroit again to the club we went to last year, The Bleu room experience, to see DJ Richard Vission spin. He was pretty cool! The music rocked all night. Vission has a remix of "The Killer's, Mr. Brightside" that was fun to dance to. We had a great time.

While we were there we took my little sister's to see The Chronicle's of Narnia. If you ignore all of the religious conotations it is a great movie. I enjoyed it. I have still not read the books but it is a fun story.

On the way back from the movies, a deer ran into the right side of our Jeep while I was driving. I was looking straight ahead like a good driver when Eric saw the deer coming right for us and then there was nothing I could do. Unfortuneatly the deer died, but MI police have a program where they donate the dead deer to charity so that poor people can have deer meat. It was a great idea I thought. Luckily our Jeep is a tank so it just caused some minor body damage. The headlight broke and the right panels were pushed and our right door was unable to open due to the right panel being pushed into the door. It is all fixable. I am just glad that no one was hurt since my sister's were in our car with us. Insurance is good since we only need to pay $500 of the cost! That was my first deer/car accident, so I had the ultimate Michigan activity. Michigan usually has tons of deer and this year there are more than usual and the car/deer accidents are high. That was the only negative part of our trip.

Now it is back to the grindstone. I have to go to work for 3 days in a row tomorrow, damn it!

6 comments:

Eric said...

On the plus side: Back to WoW! Level 32 here I come!

Sue said...

Yes, we get to play WoW again!! Yeah! We played last night! 31 here I come for one of my ongoing char...

Eric said...

Stupid deer. I swear it was like some sort of jihaist committing suicide. I bet if we had looked there was a little note somewhere on the side of the road that said, "I saw what you people did to Bambi's mom through a window last night. THIS IS PAYBACK!"

Sue said...

Yes, he did run into the car. Did you not read my recount??

R said...

Did Eric scream like a girl when he saw it hurtling at him?

(I bet he did.)

Eric said...

I did NO such thing. And I only peeed a little in my pants:)