Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The Dark Tower

I just finished book seven of The Dark Tower series this afternoon (the last book), and I am here to tell you that I officially hate Stephen King. HATE HIM! Hate him with a passion that I had previously reserved only for Shawn Hannity, Michael Savage, Evangelicals, Jack Thompson, and Fear Factor.

I don't want to ruin the books for anyone else, but let me just say that if you are reading a Stephen King book and he tells you that the important point of the story is over and you want to stop reading even though there are only 5 pages left, that the point of a story is the journey, not the ending, blah, blah, blah, you should put the book down and step away from it slowly. In fact, tear those last five pages out and burn them so it will no longer be able to tempt you to just read them. Because otherwise you are going to finish that last page and do what I did:

Scream at the top of your lungs, "NOOOOOOOO!!! YOU CANNOT FUCKING END IT THAT WAY!!!!!! FUCK YOU STEPHEN KING!!!"

And then you will hear a voice that I can only assume is Stephen King's whispering in your ear saying, "See? I told you so."

4 comments:

Sue said...

Now you know how I felt with the last Harry Potter book. Fucking J.K. Rowling...

R said...

A-HAHAHAHAHA!!! Sounds like King pwn3d you, Eric.

R said...

Is that what your last girlfriend said about you, Steve?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Eric said...

Z, you should at least read Wizard and Glass (book 4). That is the best book of the series in my opinion.