Thursday, July 14, 2005

Dave Matthews Band rules!!!

















Last night Eric and I drove all the way to Atlanta's HiFi amplitheater so that we could see Dave Matthews Band in concert. I ordered the tickets back in the winter from the Warehouse, the official fan club of dmb. It is cool to belong because you get seniority for ordering tickets. I have belonged since 1996 so Eric and I always get close seats. Last night was actually the farthest we have been in a while, middle lower section, row 12. The amplitheater was small so the seats were still pretty good. The concert kicked ass!! This was the 11th or 12th time I had seen them and they still kick ass! The music was awesome! I felt like I was 18 again without a care in the world and I danced my heart out! It ruled! They played a good mix of new and old songs. To top it off, Trey Anastasio from Phish came out and jammed with them for two songs!! It was history!! I never had gone to a Phish concert because I was too busy going to dmb concerts, but Trey is an awesome guitarist!! There is nothing like being at a concert with good music, the smell of weed burning, and the smell of beer flowing! dmb rules in concert. In this day and age where most bands suck live, it is great to go see a band that is better live than they are on the album! It is like a giant dance party when you are there and if you aren't dancing then you are a fucking square. They covered "Time of the season", which ruled so it was like a hippy love fest!! Here is the set list for those of you that care:

One Sweet World
Dream Girl
Don’t Drink the Water
Hunger For The Great Light
Dancing Nancies
Say Goodbye
#34
Time Of The Season
Granny
Stolen Away On 55th & 3rd
American Baby
Smooth Rider
Stand Up
Jimi Thing *
Louisiana Bayou *
Encore:
You Might Die Trying
What You Are
Special Guests:* Trey Anastasio

1 comment:

Sue said...

Yeah, it was pretty cool! We thought of you when he came on and wished you could have been there!! ;) It was cool.