Monday, August 25, 2008

College Football this Saturday

College football officially starts this Saturday. I was curious what the readers think about MSU and UofM's chances this year.

My predictions:

MSU - 7-5 would be a good season. I just can't see us beating Cal, OSU, Wisconsin, or UofM. Beating any of those would be a huge coup for us. Penn State is the big question. Last year's game was fantastic. I hope for the same this year.

UofM - 9-3. UofM will probably lose to OSU and perhaps Wisconsin. UofM is harder to figure out, since they have a new QB, RB, and totally new offensive system. Their game with Wisconsin in week 4 will be the big test. If they really do have a working spread offense, they could beat every team they see. UofM still has the defense to beat any team.

5 comments:

Joyce said...

MSU 7-5 is fair...if they win in Cal, 8-4 is not out of the question.

You give UM a lot of credit that I can not give. The defense will only make them 9-3, the offense in question. I can see them going 7-5 or 8-4. Best case scenrio, under five hundred!!! Go green!!!! Go White!!!!

Anonymous said...

Football season oh no! Sue, anytime you need a chick flick night or getaway from the sports for these next 9 months we're here for ya! :)

Eric said...

Sue has no need for your "chick nights"; She loves college football!

She'll be right their next to me on the couch watching the game. It's one of the big reasons I married her:)

Sue said...

Wooooo hooo!! College football rules! I just wish I did not have to work some Saturdays. GO GREEN!!! Suck it Blue!

Anonymous said...

MSU is going to ROCK this year, I mean they spent $15.5 Million Dollars on their new Skandalaris Football Center, why wouldn't they be good!

I do agree with joyce and mike that a 8-4 record is not out of the question.