Tuesday, August 05, 2008

89x online radio is odd

I've taken to listening to 89x online lately. One of the joys of working at home is that no one cares how I waste my bandwidth;)

One of the odd things about the online feed is that they don't play commercials in the streaming feed with one exception: a single Esurance commercial over and over again. Note to advertisers: hearing one commercial over and over and over again tends to make me HATE your product, not run out and buy it. Other than that anomaly, all they play during that time is loops of some of their theme music. So now I hate both their theme music and that commercial.

Also, you never realize how many commercials they play on the radio until you are listening to nothing but theme music for the entire time. It's sad that I would actually PREFER commercials.

Does anyone know why they don't just play their regular commercials during that otherwise dead Internet air time? I can't even figure out how they pay for keeping the stream running at this point.

1 comment:

kmaz said...

The only reason I can come up with is that their advertisers only paid for radio time, and that it would cost them more for internet time. Esurance might have paid for internet time, but should probably come up with something different than one ad.