Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Fun at Showboat!

















Eric and I went to Chesaning Showboat again this year in my hometown yesterday. We went with my sisters and my friend Mo, her hubby Tim, and Tim's brother Phil. It was tons of fun! Chesaning actually gets good bands now.

The opening band was the Sick puppies who were awesome!! I think they put on the best show of the night. I really enjoyed their music. Plus they had a hot woman bassist that all the boys wanted a piece of. She was dressed in black and red goth garb, yeah for ladies in rock!!

Next was Finger 11, who were pretty good. I really do like their music, but the show they put on was really mellow. The lead singer was clearly drunk which was funny. The drummer was very entertaining too, he did little tricks and poses.

The last group was Seether, which Eric and I love. They put on a pretty good show as well, but again the show was very mellow compared to their albums. It would be upbeat for a few songs but then back to extreme mellowness. All in all it was a good show. The funny thing was that Seether who is a goth, alternative rock band and they decorations were icicle Christmas lights, seemed a bit pansy.

We had a lot of fun and got to see our great friend's Mo and Tim and as an added bonus Phil! We wish they lived closer. Wisconsin is just far enough away. Afterwards of course we went to the Family Tavern (bar) in Oakley, the even smaller town next to Chesaning, for $4 pitchers of Amberbock! Oh yeah! Cheap beer rocks!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like Finger 11 and Seether hear them all the time on 96.3. I love those hometown fest my friends live in Armada and go to the fair and derby each yr and usually have some famous upcoming new artist there. Summer fun :)