Sunday, July 13, 2008

3 year to be less useful

http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2008-07-12/

There was a time when I thought about getting a MBA degree; I minored in business after all. I'm actually really glad I minored in it. Micro and macro economics were probably the single best classes I took in college in terms of broadening my outlook a lot on how the world actually works (as anyone who's heard my long ramblings about the role of government in regulating pollution or how cutting taxes to increase growth is a good idea in the short term but a horrible long term idea). Hey, don't roll your eyes! I like this stuff!

Still, I think I'm firmly on the tech side of the equation now. Management is for other people. I make a horrible manager. For one thing, organization is not my strong point. Two, like most true engineers/geeks I tend to flip that bit in my head that records "You are an idiot" pretty easily. That makes it tough to manage other people without sounding like a dick:)

No comments: