Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Short update on the Wilson's

* Work is kicking my ass lately. I'm starting to get work associated with the "competence" penalty. i.e., I know how to do my job, so I get more and more work. I need a vacation again.

* Sue is working what seems like every weekend this month. Boooo! If anyone has ANYTHING interesting to do on weekend evenings, please call me. Seriously.

* Played in a World Series of Euchre event with Kien last weekend. First day was all right. We played well except for a few mental mistakes that really cost us. That second day though...I don't think it mattered what we did. The god of cards was just flat out mocking us. We were euchred on bad hands, good hands, even a loner. Sigh...

It was so bad we went to Hooters to de-stress ourselves at lunch. I did manage to get our waitress to remove her shirt and let me take it home, so that made me feel better about myself:) (she let me win in a hula-hoop contest, but lets just forget that part and come up with a better story about how I got a shirt off a Hooter's girl).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't necessarily have anything good to do on the weekends but Arun is back in town for a year and he might be off one night of them.

Anonymous said...

I remember those weekend hospital shifts, they suck but it was great money!! Kien & I aren't leading that much exciting lives either. Seems to be the trend with everyone now a days. Feel free to call us up, come on over to the east side!

Tophiferous said...

Guess what you'll be doing this weekend?? awww yea that's right...you know what time it is.... It's bridal shower time. Although there won't be booze (only spiked punch and mimosa's) when we're done we can go to the pool hall across the street. Now you have weekend plans :)

Kieno said...

Don't worry Eric, I'll bring the cards for the shower :)