Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Off to a Red State

I'm off to Omaha, Nebraska today for work again. Because my company has suddenly become cheap when it comes to plane tickets ("What do you mean you won't accept the $1200+ tickets I picked? Budgets? What are those?"), I had to get up way too f#$%ng early today. Dawn wasn't even out when I got up( 4:30am). Hell, dawn wasn't even out when I got to the airport (5:50am). Stupid lazy dawn...

Anyways, onto a totally different note about air travel: I was thinking today that despite all this jet setting I do, I don't really know where any of these places I go are. I mean, I know what state Omaha is in, and I could even point to it on a map (Me smart, see?).

But if you asked me where in the state Omaha is, I would have no idea. Same for Wausau, our company headquarters. I've been there half a dozens times, but when asked by Sue's friends who live in Wisconsin where Wausau is, all I could do was avoid eye contact and pretend I didn't hear the question. And then came the drooling and the covering my ears and singing really loud so I didn't hear the question again. It was embarrassing to say the least.

2 comments:

Sue said...

lol, miss you already!!

Kieno said...

so one year they hold man games and the next year they're keeping a budget? Mortgage woes perhaps?