Monday, December 05, 2005

Schindler's List Thoughts

Unlike everyone of my generation, I had never seen Schindler's List before Sunday. So...um...wow. Six million people. Jesus Christ. First off, the fact that my anscetors were mostly German made me sick to my stomach while watching that. I'm so confused, pissed, angry, sad...its like the Skittle's rainbow of emotions over here right now.

What's worse, I was talking to Paul about it right after, and he mentioned that as much as we try to forget, this sort of thing is still going on today. Look at places like Rwanda, Kosov, even Sudan and Iraq today. People wiping out entire groups of people just because their DNA differs by less than 1% or were born on the other side of some imaginary line drawn on some map.

Sigh... I guess what I am saying is that we suck. Its a good thing God does not do the whole smiting thing anymore, because a frog's terminal velocity is not something I care to experience first hand.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Yup, the world does suck. It just kinda proves to me that God does not exist. I cannot believe that any God would plan a world with so much hate. If God exists and the whole Noah thing is real than why doesn't he destroy this evil, useless world. We would all deserve it...