Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Home, crap, home...

Oh yes, I have returned from my trip to New York/Michigan. It was pretty cool. I think I took the heat with me though. It was in the 90's that whole time in NY and Michigan and I guess it is cooling off up there now. Of course back here in AL it has been in the mid-90s, feels like over 100, DAMN HOT!! I feel bad for the dogs and ALL of the women that are pregnant here which includes all of the wives at Eric's work and one of the women employees. Must avoid drinking their water...

My weekend in New York kicked ass! I got to be a suprise for my friend Sue at her bridal shower! I like being a suprise! Then I got to see a lot of New York I have never been to before. I did not get to go to the city this trip, but it was very cool to see all of the New York landscape. It is very pretty. I was in Newburgh, NY briefly, Central Valley, NY for the shower, Warwick, NY (The home of Paul), Goshen, NY (The home of Sue O.) and from Warwick, NY to Rochester, NY (4.5 hour drive).

The bridal shower was cool since it was held at a Japenese Hibachi Steakhouse called Gasho. The building was an old farmhouse that was brought over from Japan. They had a beautiful garden in the back. You sat around a cooking surface and the cooks made your food right in front of you. Delicious. I also got to meet all of Paul and Sue's family! A lot of family! After that I got to spend a few days with my good friends Paul and Sue who are great hosts!

Paul and Sue introduced me to the greatness of the HBO series "Six feet under" and let me bring the first season home with me so that Eric and I can enjoy it. What a great show!! We have been watching it everyday. It is just so funny and well written! Lauren Ambrose, Claire on the show, is the best character, I think. She was in the movies Can't hardley wait and Psycho Beach Party, two great films. That is my plug. I think everyone should watch it! There is actually still good tv out there, you just have to have HBO. Screw the damn reality tv shows!

After 4.5 days in NY, I flew off to Michigan. I got to see family and friends. I got to hang out with some of the MSU crew! Woot! I got to hang out with my mom and sisters and some of Eric's family. I rented a car that was just awesome. I got a brand new Pontiac bonneyville. It was luxurious! It had a XM radio! How cool! I just love the techno channel "The Station". It played such awesome hard trance! I left Michigan two days early because I could not deal with my family anymore and I missed Eric and the puppies way to much!!! I am home again with my "family" and happy again, except for the heat!

It was quite the adventure and I learned some things about myself. One, I enjoy living far away from family and two, I am done with Michigan. It is my home state, it will always have a place in my heart and I still have great friends and family there, but I am ready to try a new place to live, preferably a blue state. I have grown a lot being so far away and Eric and I have developed a super strong relationship being down here. I recommend to everyone that you should cut those cords from your parents and move away for a least a few years! You need to go off and be on your own to be able to develop into who you really are! Good luck to my friend Nicole who is considering just this!!

3 comments:

Eric said...

Grab the dogs, some bottled water, and a ski mask. We are moving to Mexico!

Eric said...

Er, wait...That last comment was stupid. Please disregard it for this much better one:

I'm glad that Sue is home and that she had such a good time. Thank God I can get some real cooking again. I think I was living my own version of that Super Size documentary, but without the cool cameras and fame and doctors telling me that if my eyes turn green I should stop eating.

Sue said...

I am trying, but I think he is suspicious...