Tuesday, October 12, 2004

You Don't Know the Power of Dark Side....

I broke out my old Star Wars CCG cards this weekend for the first time in almost four years and played a game while over at John and Mandy's house for some drinking /CD swapping / Balderdash fun (Side note: Balderdash so kicks ass as a party game).

Man, I forgot how much that game is like crack to me. Just one hit, and I am already digging through old boxes looking for various cards in order to create the perfect deck. And the Magic the Gathering game that I played 2 weeks ago in between poker games was like my gateway drug:)

Sweet Lord, I am such a geek! Note I said geek. There is a difference between a geek and a nerd, and I walk that fine line with pride.

I was hoping that my trip to Atlanta this week would sort of make up for it, but now that that is cancelled I just have to accept that I am going to be a dork for quite a bit longer...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, so there is a fine line between nerd and geek...(pride) so how is dork different?
-bronwyn

Eric said...

Good question...Uh...uh...Look over there! Something shiny!

Sue said...

Well, my findings are a bit funny, but I have decided that Eric you are a new breed.
Nerd - A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept.
Geek - 1.)A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept.
2.)A carnival performer whose show consists of bizarre acts, such as biting the head off a live chicken.

Dork - 1.) Slang. A stupid, inept, or foolish person: “the stupid antics of America's favorite teen-age cartoon dorks” (Joshua Mooney).
2.) Vulgar Slang. The penis.

Do these to check:
http://www.armory.com/tests/nerd.html
http://www.armory.com/tests/geek.html

In doing all of this, I have made myself dorky/geeky/nerdy.