Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Sue report

Hello all. I thought I would report in. It is the 4th week of school and damn am I tired! They sure keep us buried in paperwork in nursing school. I guess it is just practice for the real world. Anywho, this past weekend I went to Birmingham, AL to the Children's hospital as part of my Pediatric rotation. It was ok, but the floors I was on in the hospital were a little slow. One day we had a Jerry Springer family and I thought my family was screwed up? They were 10 times as bad as any problem I have. The children's hospital is pretty cool. It has every specialty you can think of and they even have a stem cell unit where they do transplants. The whole place is decorated very cute and colorful. It is a great place for kids to go when they are sick. It was kind of hard to see all of those sick kids ecspecially the young ones on the cancer floor, but there are so many great nurses and doctors there that really take care of them. Birmingham is a great city. Unfortunately me and the girls I was with were unable to party too hard since we had to get up at 5:00 each morning and do homework, but Friday and Saturday night we went and ate and drank downtown. The nights were so nice and cool that we sat on the patios and just took in the surroundings. We made the best out of our school excursion, but now I am home and have tons of homework to do! Argh! Some serious partying will need to occur soon to release some stress. Later.

No comments: